QBots is an energy technology startup looking to make buildings and their associated assets such as EV, battery storage etc. smart and connected by using IoT and AI technologies. the smart buildings we connected will run more efficiently, and more importantly they will play an active role to help the National Grid to
solve its challenges. Our vision is to accelerate the global shift to sustainable and renewable energy by developing intelligent energy management
systems. We have a global vision for our businesses, starting with the UK we have been also looking at markets including India and China.
At QBots, we are a relentlessly client-focused group who are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering for the innovation in the renewable energy space. We provide valuable technical solutions in the simplest, smartest manner and want to work with people who can stimulate us critically and strive to achieve what is
needed for further transformational growth of the business.
About the job role
We are looking for a full-time Data Analytics Software Engineer to join the core team, to drive this startup to a prosperous future. The person will be responsible for the development and implementation of our core analytics product, an energy prediction and optimisation application. The commencement date of this role is 1st February 2019.
The role is to work in a small tech team to develop our Python based energy analytics application.
You will be also responsible for:
● Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
● Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications/services
● Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
● Integration of data storage solutions, including access to SQL and NoSQL databases, and able to handle spatial and streaming data.
Required Skills and Qualifications
– Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
– History of the event-driven programming use in Python
– Good written and verbal communication skills in English
– Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
– Understanding of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, depending on the technology stack
– Understanding of some ORM libraries
– Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
– Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
– Ability to be able to operate with minimal supervision and eagerness to learn and apply own skill/ knowledge
– Masters’ degree/ PhD or equivalent in Computer Science
– Strong skills of unit test, data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals as well as debugging code and submitting the appropriate fix; Experience or previous project assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms
– Proven problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
What we offer
● Competitive base pay depending on qualifications and experience and additional performance-based pay (£30,000+)
● Flexible working condition (working hours and place)
● Paid annual leave: 28 days (including bank holidays)
● Statutory workplace pensions
● Manchester (City Centre Office)